Home » Clinical Trials » Therapeutic Areas
Therapeutic Areas: Rheumatology | Musculoskeletal | Immunology | Family Medicine
Disease Category: Rheumatoid Arthritis
Location: United States, GA
Clinical Trial Details
Research Study Summary
A Phase 2, 12-week, double-blind, randomized, parallel group, placebo-controlled study of four doses of Study Medication in subjects with moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis
This study is designed to evaluate safety and assess initial efficacy of Study Medication, a JAK3 inhibitor, for treatment of subjects with active RA. This study will assess the clinical response of 4 doses of Study Medication compared to placebo when administered for 12 weeks to patients with active RA. The study will also evaluate the safety and tolerability of Study Medication compared to placebo when administered for 12 weeks to subjects with active RA.
Patient Inclusion Criteria:
- All subjects must have been diagnosed with RA
- Subjects must have a swollen joint count of =6 out of 28 joints and tender joint count of =6 out of 28 joints.
- Baseline CRP level must be 1.5 times greater than the upper limit of normal at Screening.
- Subjects must have failed at least 1 nonbiologic DMARD for any reason.
- Subjects may have previously failed no more than 1 biologic DMARD and discontinued treatment for reasons other than inadequate response.
Patient Exclusion Criteria:
- Subjects with inflammatory rheumatological disorders other than RA.
- History or evidence of a clinically significant disorder other than RA
- Subjects with clinically important abnormalities in screening physical examination or in screening laboratory test results
- History of hematologic disorders including neutropenia and thrombocytopenia.
- Subjects with an acute or chronic active infection requiring systemic antimicrobial treatment.
- Subjects who require concomitant use of any inhibitors or inducers of cytochrome P450 (CYP) 3A.
- Subjects who have been treated with intra-articular injections of corticosteroids within 28 days prior to Day 1.
- Subjects who have planned major surgery or any procedures during the study.
- Have received any live, attenuated vaccinations within 1 month prior to study drug administration.
To Learn more
Both Male and Female
Date Last Changed:
July 23, 2013
DISCLAIMER: CenterWatch does not conduct clinical research.
CenterWatch is a publishing company that posts clinical trials information on behalf of sponsor companies,
contract research organizations, clinical research sites and other interested parties. This information
is designed to help patients find clinical trials of interest and contact the research centers
conducting the trials.