Home » Clinical Trials » Therapeutic Areas
Therapeutic Areas: Rheumatology | Musculoskeletal | Immunology | Family Medicine
Disease Category: Rheumatoid Arthritis
Location: United States, GA
A Phase 2, 12-week, double-blind, randomized, parallel group, placebo-controlled study of four doses of Study Medication in subjects with moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis
This study is designed to evaluate safety and assess initial efficacy of Study Medication, a JAK3 inhibitor, for treatment of subjects with active RA. This study will assess the clinical response of 4 doses of Study Medication compared to placebo when administered for 12 weeks to patients with active RA. The study will also evaluate the safety and tolerability of Study Medication compared to placebo when administered for 12 weeks to subjects with active RA.
Patient Inclusion Criteria:
- All subjects must have been diagnosed with RA
- Subjects must have a swollen joint count of =6 out of 28 joints and tender joint count of =6 out of 28 joints.
- Baseline CRP level must be 1.5 times greater than the upper limit of normal at Screening.
- Subjects must have failed at least 1 nonbiologic DMARD for any reason.
- Subjects may have previously failed no more than 1 biologic DMARD and discontinued treatment for reasons other than inadequate response.
Patient Exclusion Criteria:
- Subjects with inflammatory rheumatological disorders other than RA.
- History or evidence of a clinically significant disorder other than RA
- Subjects with clinically important abnormalities in screening physical examination or in screening laboratory test results
- History of hematologic disorders including neutropenia and thrombocytopenia.
- Subjects with an acute or chronic active infection requiring systemic antimicrobial treatment.
- Subjects who require concomitant use of any inhibitors or inducers of cytochrome P450 (CYP) 3A.
- Subjects who have been treated with intra-articular injections of corticosteroids within 28 days prior to Day 1.
- Subjects who have planned major surgery or any procedures during the study.
- Have received any live, attenuated vaccinations within 1 month prior to study drug administration.
Suzi DeFiesta, Research Administrator
CSI Research Inc
11379 Southbridge Parkway, Suite B
Alpharetta, GA 30022
Research Center Information: CSI Research Inc
If you would like to learn more about participating in this study, please send an email message using the form below.
DISCLAIMER: This site is run by CenterWatch, a publishing company that focuses on the
clinical trials industry. The information provided in this service is designed
to help patients find clinical trials that may be of interest to them, and to
help patients contact the centers conducting the research. CenterWatch is
neither promoting this research nor involved in conducting any of these