Home » Clinical Trials » Therapeutic Areas
Therapeutic Areas: Dermatology | Family Medicine
Disease Category: Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis)
Location: United States, WI
Do You Have Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)?
Madison Skin & Research, Inc., is currently seeking volunteers to participate in a research study to evaluate the safety and efficacy of a topical investigational medication versus placebo (dummy pill). If you are eligible to participate in this study, the expected length of time you will take part in the study is 15 days. The study will consist of 3 to 4 study visit with one blood draw at day 5 visit.
Patient Inclusion Criteria:
- Male or Female 18 years or older.
- Patient has documented evidence that they have been unresponsive to alternative more traditional therapies such as topical corticosteroids, or in the investigators opinion such first line therapy would be deemed inadvisable because of potential risks to the patient.
- Have an affected Body Surface Area of at least 20%.
- Atopic Dermatitis that is moderate to severe.
- If female and of child bearing potential, prepare to abstain from sexual intercourse or use a reliable method of contraception during the study.
Patient Exclusion Criteria:
- Use of any oral corticosteroids within four weeks of randomization.
- Pregnant or lactating.
- Use of non-sedating anti-histamines are not allowed for at least 7 days prior to the first dosing day or throughout the study. The use of sedating anti-histamines, such as diphenhydramine, may be acceptable on condition the patient has been on a stable dose for at least 14 days prior to study start and will remain on a stable dose throughout the study.
- Use of any nonsteroidal immunosuppressants such as cyclosporine, mycophenolate mofetil, azathioprine, systemic corticosteroids or any light treatment (UVA, UVB) within 4 weeks of first dosing day.
- Any other treatments, prescription or over the counter for the treatment of any other dermatological condition including topical corticosteroids within 7 days, antibacterial, medicated and/or astringent washes, soaps, pads or moisturizers within 3 days
- Significant history of current evidence of chronic infectious disease, system disorder, or organ disorder.
Lori Moe, LPN, CCRC
Madison Skin and Research, Inc.
6510 Grand Teton Plaza, Suite 302
Madison, WI 53719
If you would like to learn more about participating in this study, please send an email message using the form below.
DISCLAIMER: This site is run by CenterWatch, a publishing company that focuses on the
clinical trials industry. The information provided in this service is designed
to help patients find clinical trials that may be of interest to them, and to
help patients contact the centers conducting the research. CenterWatch is
neither promoting this research nor involved in conducting any of these