Home » Clinical Trials » Therapeutic Areas
Therapeutic Areas: Oncology | Nephrology | Urology | Family Medicine
Disease Category: Prostate Cancer
Location: United States, NY
Prostate Cancer - Adult Men
Men with prostate cancer are asked to participate in a research study being conducted by Jacobi Medical Center.
Patient Inclusion Criteria
You may be eligible to participate in this study if you:
- Are a male at least 18 years of age
- Have been diagnosed with prostate cancer
Patient Exclusion Criteria
You may not participate in this study if you:
- Have a history or evidence of central nervous system cancer or spinal cancer.
- Have urinary tract obstruction.
- Have a history of bilateral orchiectomy, adrenalectomy, hypophysectomy or hypogonadism.
- Have current malignancy or history of malignancy within 5 years prior to screening with the exception of the following:
- Prostate cancer
- Treated basal or skin cancer
- Allergic to leuprolide, polylactic acid
- Have incomplete recovery from a major surgery
- Have had the following prostate cancer therapies within 8 weeks prior to the Screening Visit:
- Radiation therapy (EBRT, 3D-CRT, IMRT, PBRT or brachytherapy)
- Biological response modifiers
- Have a history of prostatic surgery (includes transurethral resection of prostate [TURP] and radical prostatectomy) within 4 weeks prior to the Screening Visit
- Have had hormonal therapy
- Use alternative medical therapies which have an estrogenic, androgenic, or antiandrogenic effect within 12 weeks prior to the Screening Visit and through the Treatment Period
- Have been exposed to finasteride or ketoconazole within 1 week prior to the Screening Visit and through the Treatment Period; dutasteride within 25 weeks prior to the Screening Visit and through the Treatment Period
- Require the chronic use of systemic corticosteroids or anticonvulsants that may affect bone loss such as carbamazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin, valproic acid or primidone
- Consume more than 14 alcoholic beverages per week or history of alcoholism or illicit drug abuse within the 12 months prior to Screening
- Have participated in another research study within the last 30 days
Maria Chiodi, Study Coordinator
Biomedical Research Alliance of New York
1400 Pelham Parkway South
Building # 5, Room 230
Bronx, NY 10461
If you would like to learn more about participating in this study, please send an email message using the form below.
DISCLAIMER: This site is run by CenterWatch, a publishing company that focuses on the
clinical trials industry. The information provided in this service is designed
to help patients find clinical trials that may be of interest to them, and to
help patients contact the centers conducting the research. CenterWatch is
neither promoting this research nor involved in conducting any of these