Home » Clinical Trials » Therapeutic Areas
Therapeutic Areas: Endocrinology | Family Medicine
Disease Category: Diabetes Mellitus, Type 2
Location: United States, MO
A Multi-center, Randomized, Open-label, Active Controlled, Parallel Arm Study to Compare the Efficacy of 12 Weeks of Treatment with Vildagliptin 100mg, qd to Thiazolidinedione (TZD) as Add-on Therapy in Patients with type 2 Diabetes Inadequately Controlled with Metformin Monotherapy in a Community-based Practice Setting
This is a 12 week research study for males and females with type
2 diabetes inadequately controlled with metformin(glucophage) of at
least 1000mg per day.
Patient Inclusion Criteria
- Patient must be between the age of 18-80 years.
- Patient must be on metformin (glucophage) of at least 1000mg
- HgbA1c in the range of 7-10.
Patient Exclusion Criteria
- Patients must not have type 1 Diabetes
- Patients must not have been on any other diabetic medication
other than metformin in the last 8 weeks.
- Patients must not have a history of a heart attack, coronary
artery bypass surgery, or unstable angina in the last 6
- The patient must not have congestive heart failure that
- Patients must not have any liver disease.
For more information,
Patience Chambers, Study Coordinator/Director
Dynamic Clinical Research, Inc.
1010 Carondelet Drive, Suite 130
Kansas City, MO 64114
If you would like to learn more about participating in this study, please send an email message using the form below.
DISCLAIMER: This site is run by CenterWatch, a publishing company that focuses on the
clinical trials industry. The information provided in this service is designed
to help patients find clinical trials that may be of interest to them, and to
help patients contact the centers conducting the research. CenterWatch is
neither promoting this research nor involved in conducting any of these